Tuesday, December 5, 2017

December Daily | Elgin Tree Farm Day 3


Our annual visit to the Christmas Tree Farm in Elgin.  We had a very mixed experience there this year and I was a bit trepidatious about documenting it.  But I did and I included the hard parts too but overall our family was happy being together.  And to get a BIG tree! 

 I used my silhouette to cut out this Ali Edwards word art from the photo.  I backed it with gold star vellum to keep the translucent effect.

It took way too long to make this page.  I first printed the photo with the word art already added on top of the photo in white.  Then when I cut it, the cuts were slightly off leaving a weird shadow effect to the cut.  Also, the photo paper stuck down really hard and curled up badly when I took it off the mat. 

For the second go around I used a normal photo and just added the cut file on top.  I also added a few stars and the scalloped border. 

I put washi tape strips under the photo this time to make it easier to peel off.  My photo paper is not as thick as cardstock which is what caused the difference from my normal Silhouette cutting.

I probably should have cut a second piece out of cardstock to back the photo but I ended up not doing that.  I did sew on a strip of white cardstock and place that under the photo. 

I also added a circle chipboard and cork number from the main AE kit. 

I did my journaling on a green background, another idea from Ali Edwards.   I like the contrast it gives to all the red we were wearing. I left two spaces in my journaling.  One measured to fit this Paislee Press stamp and one roughly shaped as a tree.  


The reflection from the die cut on the journaling page was a total happy accident.  If you look closely you can see it says December on the top of the green.  


I added a gold star and word strip to the wood tree (old old Target Dollar Spot).  I can't believe how well the sticker matches my journaling background.  Totally not planned.  

We look totally vintage.  So much plaid.  Ha. 
I added this bit of text, knowing I was going to use the big JOY stamp underneath.  Avi is the best at jumping photos. 


 I added a few more pictures in a divided 3x4 page.   The page was looking too flat and I decided it needed something.  I added little bits of stitching to the 3x4 photos and card, this time in gold not red.
I also continued the cork embellishments with little stars and a "love this" circle. 


Thanks for checking out my pages again!

I hope your holidays are magical and full of blessings!!!
XOXO,
Niru

ps. You can see all of my December Daily posts here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...