Wednesday, December 20, 2017

December Daily | Day 17 We All Fall Down

Have I mentioned that the Christmas Tree fell down on me? The Christmas Tree fell down on me.  The giant extra tall one we got because the U-cut ones were all gone by the time we went to the farm.  It turned out it was probably way too big for us to handle.  

It fell, I was freaking out inside but it really wasn't that bad.  We got it back up.  Nobody was hurt and only one ornament broke.  I luckily I had already decided to put most of the breakable ornaments away in the master bedroom while we hosted a Daisy meeting at our house.  Good call. 

So today, I took a picture of our, for now, upright tree and wrote a little about how we all fall down. Holidays are not ever perfect.  We can have a bad moment but it doesn't have to turn into a bad day.  We pick ourselves back up and we continue to find joy.  


I fussy cut the TN tree paper from Kelly Purkey to make an insert.  I added a few dot stickers and stamped a sentiment along the top edge.  

Let your heart be light. 




I added large wood veneer numbers for the date on the back of the tree.  I love the abstract pattern. 


I left a large white border around my photo.  I added text before printing.  I was thinking about hand drawing grid lines, but I ended up stitching on the photo instead.  Definitely not perfectly straight, but that was kind of the point, right? 

I added a wood heart and a tree sticker.  I have so many embellishments with words on them.  I have been struggling a bit to find little things to add that are not stars all the time.  

Funnily enough our evening on Sunday was not one of those things with lots of ups and downs.  It was just relaxed and great.  

I wrote about Nandini a bit under this super cute picture of her.  I added a few more hearts and pasted this label over a stamped Paislee Press sentiment. 



I printed out a few extra pictures and added a 4 pocket page.  

I added chipboard and a little typed journaling underneath most of the photos. 




Thanks for checking out my pages again!

I hope your trees and spirits stay up or get back up again too! 

XOXO,
Niru

ps. You can see all of my December Daily posts here

1 comment:

  1. I love Nandini in that beautiful white coat. Your pages really accentuate how adorable she looked in it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...