Monday, October 30, 2017

Pumpkin Projects| Memory Keeping

Tis the season for pumpkin everything.  I may be basic, but I love it all.  We visited so many pumpkin patches this year on field trips and as a family.  

I love running around with the kids, going on hay rides, petting animals, and taking pictures! 

In fact, these tend to be some of the best pictures I get all year.  The weather is clear but the sun isn't blazing.  

Still, I need to get them printed out and scrapped.   I sometimes get stalled when it comes to getting started though. 

This page from my old days with the Jenni Bowlin Studios design team popped up in memories feed and I had just the inspiration I needed! 

I did another page with nine 4x4 squares.  This is not a grid I usually try because I like to leave white space on my designs.  It was fun to try something new that also gave me the chance to use lots of pictures. 

I worked largely from a kit, the Studio Calico October  Gypsy Moon for embellishments.  I sifted through my stash for some neutral papers to use.  The black and white stripe felt very seasonal.  I also used a lot of 4x6 Project Life cards cut down. 

The result is pretty different from the first page.  I only stitched on one square in this new layout.  The embellishments are larger and more spread out.  And I love them both in different ways.  This new one feels more modern and bright. 

 
Pumpkin Patch | I have so many photos not printed out yet, even from last year's visit to the pumpkin patch.  Initially this started as a one page layout.  Then I heard a piece of advice from Ali Edwards on one of her Story Kit presentation videos.  Beautiful, simple and so important.  If it lets you get the photos printed and stories told, keep it easy. 

The first page is anything but.  I printed out a large 9x8ish photo with typed journaling on it and I used an entire package of leaves from the Gyspy Moon kit. I added a stapled label and fabric tag.  The copper colored letter stickers worked perfectly.
So I felt very free to take a simple approach to the accompanying page.  Which became two too include even more photos.  

Since I had used a 9x12 page size, I could quickly include multiple 4x6 photos without trimming.  
I broke up the photo stacks with Project Life cards on each side.  A tab on each with a little stamping or stickers.  So easy and it feels so good to have it all recorded. 



More pumpkin everything please! 

You can see more of my scrapbooking projects here.  

2 comments:

  1. I love that Pumpkin Patch page! I really miss J Bowlin products. Gotta get back to my scarp pile- I don't know why but Ocotober always translates to make some scrapbook pages to me. lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You totally should! October has so many fun events. I can think of so many great projects you could do too, like your camping or gardening. Those are totally book worthy.

      Delete

Thank you for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...