Monday, August 22, 2016

Back to School | First Day of Kindergarten


Nandini started her first day of Kindergarten today. The kids were so worried that I wouldn't be there for their first day.  Avi remembered how we had a 'party' for his first day last year.  They wanted more of the same.

I had to make that happen in some way at least, so I took the bus home to Austin with them late on Sunday.  When we got home it was a whirlwind of Target shopping to get backpacks, lunch boxes, water bottles and food for lunch.  I also bought them a treat for after school (fruit pops), which I'm just now realizing I forgot to give them.  Oops.

The also got new toys since they have been so good while Lakshman is in the hospital.   Avinash finally got a new pack of Pokemon cards and Nandini got a set of new shopkins.  They opened and played with them as soon as we got home.

After bath time, their hair was carefully combed and first day outfits picked out. Unprompted Nandini told me she wouldn't be shy at Kindergarten while I brushed her hair.

I wanted to make a special breakfast but both swore they only wanted cereal.  Wish granted.  They did however want to know why I didn't have the big chalkboard out.  Ha.

I don't know if they were nervous about going to a new class, but they didn't show it.







Avinash was so helpful to his sister, finding her classroom and cheering her on for her first day.  I sat her down and when I turned around she was coloring quietly waiting for the day to begin.

Look at all those fresh supplies.  Yes.

New yellow pencils are the best.

When I picked her up, the first thing she told me was that she made a friend.  A boy.  Whose name she didn't remember yet.  

"Well, it started when he sat next to me at circle time.  
He made me laugh, he's silly.  
We played tag at recess."  

Could not ask for a better first day report than that. 



Confident and ready.  He sat down quickly and tried to smile at the kids he recognized.  He told me that his class had lots of people he knew in it. He already got invited to a birthday party and a playdate.


1 comment:

Thank you for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...