Thursday, November 13, 2014

Week in the Life 2014| Completed Album

I love these little projects.  I like them even better when I'm able to finish them. I did work on this album daily but things slowed down a bit over the weekend because of Halloween and family time of course.  It didn't take me long to finish up the pages after that though.  Mainly journaling, which I tend to drag my feet on.

Here are the things that helped me finish it up successfully:

1. Focusing on photos and journaling. I printed my photos everyday.  If I didn't get a chance to journal in my album then I would leave myself notes about the day on instagram or facebook.  Just an easy way of looking back.

2. Keeping my base pages regular white cardstock.  Eliminating the option of patterned paper took one more variable out of the equation.

3. Using a kit I had gathered from my own stash.  I kept all the things I collected in a little berry basket and dug into that all week. This meant I wasn't hunting for new embellishments every day.

4. Simple stamping.  I really liked this aspect of it.  Because my base was white, I had a lot of freedom to stamp in black wherever I wanted.  I used a few different Ali Edwards and Studio Calico stamp sets as part of my kit.

5. I do this project along with Ali Edwards. Without the daily reminders and places to share I probably would not have the same motivation. Of course you don't have to do this with her specifically, you can always find a friend and encourage each other!


Thursday



Friday

Saturday

 Sunday

 A little envelope for ephemera. I have some drawings and notes in there.



Here are my previously shared pages:
Wednesday Pages
Tuesday Pages
Monday Pages
Getting Started

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love the idea of adding an envelope at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, the Instagram album looks so cute for your project, love the flip up pages!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...