Monday, December 1, 2014

December Daily 2014 | Album Cover & Getting Started




For the third year in a row I am doing a December Daily album. Though my albums aren't always daily and often include snippets of November in them, I have always really enjoyed this project. 

I usually do my pages as the month goes along, similar to my week in the life approach. This strategy works for me and helps me to get it finished. 
I don't do foundation pages but I have been getting my holiday stash out and getting organized. I made a few sets of letterpress cards and envelopes. 





Gold, silver and aquamarine. I used the real letterpress ink this time. You can get your own set in my Etsy shop now. 

I made a set of these for our cards and one more set as a gift for my parents.  I love giving handmade gifts.



I have the Ali Edwards kit and luckily opted for the cream album. It is fabric so I didn't do much to alter it.
I gilded the edges with a bit of liquid gold.  The red felt tree is a gift topper from target. See? I totally use all the random stuff I buy there. 


Here is a look at album's past.

I created this cover with many layers of paper and gesso.  You can download the free cut file I created for my album if like it. 

You can also see the rest of my December Daily 2013 pages here



I love this red seam binding. 


You can see the rest of my December 2012 pages here.  It was my first year doing it and I love looking back at it for inspiration. 




Thanks for visiting! In my etsy shop, in addition to my washi tape samplers I added a holiday set as well.  This set is cool because it comes with red and gold glitter twine and glitter ribbon.  Check out the Christmas washi tape sampler here.  I really had fun with the colors here, lots of red, green, silver and gold with pops of teal, chalkboard and lime. Every order from now until the end of December also comes with a free gift. Use code WASHI for 10% off any order or code RAINBOWS for free domestic shipping.

1 comment:

  1. Your 2014 cover is so striking! Absolutely festive! Have fun documenting your December!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...