Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Project Life | Party Time.

Today I am sharing two spreads.  I have been a little behind with posting.  We recently moved and most of my stuff is still in boxes.  I haven't found my PL album yet, but luckily I photographed a lot of spreads before we left.  And, as always, I invite you to leave a link to your most recent PL pages! I know it helps keep me accountable.

This week | We celebrated Nandini's third birthday party.  This event pretty much took over the whole spread.  My parents and brother also came to visit.  I included a few other random moments, like dance class leaps, playing at the park and a visit to the Thinkery. 

 I used an old-school all horizontal 3x4 page protector I had from a BH kit from five years ago.  Not sure what they are called now, but you can see the variety pack they are in here.
I normally don't do this, but this week I pretty much stayed to the color scheme of her party.  Lots of yellow and pink.  On the spread I added in some black and white elements (from a Kelly Purkey kit) for contrast and really like the way it sets off the more colorful elements and helps to break up the photos.

This side got a large dose of black and white from my brush script journaling card (available in a set here).  I kept it very minimalist this week.  I added a few rub-ons to the photos and stamped directly on another.  I used Ranger Archival Black, my favorite black ink by far and it works well even on glossy photos. 

This week| I was on the hunt for wildflowers big time.  We drove around to different places this spring, looking for big patches of bluebonnets.  I think it is one of my favorite family traditions. 

I used to be really into having a checkerboard effect with photos and cards, but I like the flow of a few cards in a row as well.  Here it moves from saturated red to pink to a translucent card, which helps the page flow.  I used a transparent journaling card over the photo of Nandini as well.  I love mixing different opacities on one page.
I also love the trick of snipping off the edge of a journaling card to add to a photo and find myself reaching for those more than label stickers.  

I used a few gold foil printed cards from a Studio Calico paper pad.  Metallics are just so fun to play with and they were easy to match with all the different grass and flower colors in my pictures.


You can see all of my Project Life pages here.  This is my third year of doing Project Life and I love this method of memory keeping for our family.  The PL kits I am using generally are the Studio Calico kit, and Midnight kit, with mostly Design A pages this year. I am linked up with the Mom Creative and the Memory Nest this week.

Now it is your turn!  Add your link back to your Project Life pages here and try to visit and leave comments for each other as well.  Grab a button if you'd like, or just pin it to your favorite scrappy pinterest board, anything works!  Thanks to everyone who linked up last time!  I will be holding a regular weekly link up from now on.

6 comments:

  1. Your pages are absolutely gorgeous! I love the brightness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how well your photos flow on your spreads!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cute! Love the pretty cards you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic pages, love the colors you kept to!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Always love your PL pages. Great color pallette!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...