Monday, June 23, 2014

New baby pages!

Baby pages are pretty much the reason I started scrapbooking.  Avinash was a few months old and I just had to have the Becky Higgins baby album I stumbled upon on the internet.  I thought that one kit would be all I ever needed.  Fast forward more than five years later and I have a room full of stuff and I scrapbook about everything under the sun.  Getting to scrap about a new baby again is still it's own joy.  I have a stack of Lakshman layouts already.  Most of these papers come from Studio Calico's February kit, Sugar Rush. 

These pictures are taken from the family photoshoot we had when he was five days old


Love & Cherish | I enlarged this photo because I think it really brings out the little baby on a big bed juxtaposition I was going for.  The large black foam thickers are just so much fun to use.  Especially when I don't want to mess with brush script and all the ink. 



Five | This page was a scraplift of Marcy Penner.  I just love her style.  I tried to keep with her use of white space and scattering of embellishments.  Love how she almost always includes a shipping tag.  The pie chart is cut from a journaling card.  I don't really like using them literally and filling in each slice with a different label.  Instead, I just used the whole thing as a journaling spot.  The rubons (five and woodgrain) are from the lemon lush collection.

Cutie Toes | This is one of my favorite new layouts.  Just so simple and really highlights one simple detail.  Those delicious little feet.  Avinash always used to talk about Nandini's "cutie toes" and the phrase just stuck.  I repeated a few strips of patterned paper, I added a little chipboard and ribbon for visual interest.  I love all the white space, but it does make me nervous, so I splattered the page with a little gold anyway.  I'm not worried about the fact that there is no journaling because I have done so many pages from that one shoot anyway.


2 comments:

  1. What super sweet layouts! I love babies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These layouts are precious! I definitely can't wait to make some baby layouts one day...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...