Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Project Life: Holi

This week: Nandini turned three.  We celebrated with a visit to the fairy trail. We went out to see a free kiddie concert for SXSW at the thinkery.  We played Holi at Barsana Dham.


First Side: This is a design F page, with lots of pockets.  I kept it very photo focused.  Most of these are iPhone shots, edited with Vscocam (I love that app!).  Lots of yellow, naturally, since Nandini is obsessed with this color and it is her birthday week after all.
I made a few embellishments with yellow ink and a letterpress plate. I just cut apart the sayings and placed them around the page.  Also loving these navy thickers from the SC project life kit.  They have great color.  I added a few vellum word strips too.  Love how they layer. The balloons card is from Crate Paper and cut to fit the shape of a coaster on the other side.


 Second side: Lots of color going on here from the Holi pictures, so I kept the rest of the page very minimal.  Lots of wide white borders on the photos.  A little bit of yellow from my letterpress embellishments.  I letterpressed the "3" card as well using a watercolor die cut and letterpress ink.  I inked the back off the die cut, placed it on top of this card and ran it through my press.
 

This card is my favorite! I just love it.  I have been wanting to try stitching on a photo but was waiting for the right one.  This picture is a  little overexposed but had some colorful details in the foreground.  Perfect.  I just used my regular paper piercer and embroidery floss for this.  These colors are also the major colors of the spread this week, yellow, pink and a little bit of navy as well. I am trying to make a stand out pocket every week and this one was definitely it.


You can see all of my Project Life pages here.  This is my third year of doing Project Life and I love this method of memory keeping for our family.  The PL kits I am using generally are the Studio Calico kit, and Midnight kit, with mostly Design A pages this year. I am linked up with the Mom Creative this week.





Now it is your turn!  Add your link back to your Project Life pages here and try to visit and leave comments for each other as well.  Grab a button if you'd like, or just pin it to your favorite scrappy pinterest board, anything works!  Thanks to everyone who linked up last time!  I will be holding a regular weekly link up from now on.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome pages, so many great techniques and your stitching on your photo looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pages, I love the colors you used. I love the stitching on the picture, it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...